Wednesday, April 26, 2017

April

One-sided relationships. They are on my mind since my birthday this past weekend. I do things for other people, and then on my birthday, hello? They forget. All the stuff I've done for you... and you forget my special day.

Petty is saying tit for tat. Being adult is taking the high road, and then easing out of the relationship. I'm much older now, and time is slipping away. No time for one-sided relationships where we give you this, throw a birthday party for you, get you a crown, gifts, organize it so friends come...and you can't even wish me a happy birthday. I get it.

Even work...they always decorated my cube. They do it for everyone for their birthday. Me? Nada. Not one balloon. It's silly, but it hurts. I am human. I like people acknowledging my special day, saying they are glad I was born, that I'm unique and special. Nope. Ignored. Thank God for DH, who is the one who really matters. He makes me feel special and unique and appreciated.

Priorities. No more wasting time on people who take and take and never give. This week, it's getting the dog to eat her kidney food, crossing my fingers the gardener will show up tomorrow so I can finally plant the milkweed, having the rug guy over to clean the rugs. Hoping my brother will come down the week of his birthday instead of next week, because next weekend the cleaning lady will be available. The house is a wreck. We were gone almost 5 days and the house is a wreck. I have sheets, files and stuff on the spare bed.

Keeping up with my author career, ha ha. Book sales are horrible. I haven't done anything to promote myself. Too busy trying to get the dog to eat, work at the day job that provides steady income so we can pay bills. Two years ago my writing income was amazing. Now it's gone south, like many other authors. I see posts by authors who brag about making 6 figures and they don't understand why others don't make that kind of money and I want to key their cars, ha ha.

It's a really tough market out there. Anyone, even someone who has "made it" who says otherwise is lying, because we all know how tough it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment